Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), Mumbai, India
Special Services & Acquisitions: We conducted due diligence and acquisition services to assist a Canadian investment manager acquire a 5% stake in the Bombay Stock Exchange. This was a significant and historic transaction and milestone for both India and Canada.
Due Diligence Includes but is not limited to:
• Introducing the potential buyer and what they hope to accomplish with their investment
• Meeting with the target country’s regulator to ensure they are kept abreast of developments concerning a foreign acquisition of a domestic institution
• Meeting with and gaining perspectives from senior management
• Articulating benefits of selling to our client versus other potential buyers
• Identifying core deficiencies and problem areas in the potential investment
• Assessing the target company against its local competitors
• Arranging for the buyer to meet with the seller once a definitive interest has been established
• Assist in the setup and structure of the investment, to mitigate the potential for double taxation
We have conducted due diligence in other regions, including Asia, Africa and Australia.